Sunday, April 29, 2007

Things are looking up

Aida and Enrique took me shopping today. We went to Vigo, the shopping city of Galicia. I must say, Vigo suits me so much better. Busy streets, tall, beautiful European buildings and cute hunks. Kind of reminds me of Singapore, but better, with a European flair.

We went to a mall, and everything´s just like back home, except that instructions, directions and price tags are in Spanish. Things are so expensive. You would think that brands like Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein and Guess would be cheaper here. BIG FAT MYTH. Do you know that a child´s dress costs 85€? It´s so darned expensive there, and after conversion to RM, it´s astronomical. Good grief. And a bikini costs about 50-60 €. No lo puedo creer.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
In case y´all wondering what those dots are, those represent a pause. Javi came by the house just now, and introduced me to his friends. 4 guys and a girl. Can´t really rmbr the names, I was too nervous. I only caught the names Adrian and Hugo. They are so nice!! All of them. And they will come find me tomorrow to go somewhere (again, I didn´t catch it). But I think I´m finally growing a thick skin and letting go of my dumb pride. I told them that my Spanish is very bad. And today, when I was shopping with Aida and Enrique, I was not afraid to use stupid retarded hand gestures when I can´t find the word. And I kept asking them ´What is this or that/ How do you say...in Spanish´(in Spanish of course). I think I´m finally getting the hang of this. And the introduction to Javi´s friends doesn´t hurt either. I think one of them is interested in me :D

Ru, you might get that hunk after all. If I can get my Spanish good enough to form a sentence telling them abt u, that is. YihLing and Serena, you guys too. There´s JUST enough to go around. Though I don´t know if Javi is interested in joining the lineup. Haha...nothing like communication with the opposite sex to ovecome jet lag and get the ol´adrenaline glands pumping.

I dunno about you guys, but I´m on the clouds. And you ppl better start commenting soon, or I´ll just change my mind about finding you hunks :P

P.S. I did secretly take some pics of Javi from my room this aft when he was playing football with Juan and Carmen. I took many pics of Juan and Carmen too. They´re so cute!! Sadly, I can´t upload them yet.

P.P.S. My luggage is arriving today. (It better, because I have a date with los chicos tomorrow!!)

No comments: