I spent the whole day today at the beach!!!! In a strange twist of fate, the kids did not have sch today coz their teachers are on strike. The reason for the strike? Coz they refuse to work in the afternoons and evenings. But Krista and I were just discussing this issue yesterday, and it´s unanimous. THe strike is such a JOKE. Even working till evenings as they do, their lifestyle is SO laid-back the reason to strike is MOOT, really. I mean, their sch starts at 10am, they have a 2 hour lunch break from 1 till 3, and finish school at 5.20. What the hell are they complaining about??? (Let´s have a forum about this issue here, Ru, YL, Mian, Rina and Serena. I´m sure u guys have a lot to say). Sheesh. Anyways, enough about lazy Europeans.
We seized the advantage of this sunny day and went to Sanxenxo, a smaller town where their grandmother lives and spent the day at the beach there.
Of c0urse, the beach here can´t compare to the beaches in Australia, but it´s still beautiful. The SUN, of course, is wonderfully hot!! haha...what a bEautiFul day! I got several shades tanner already...I barely recognize myself. We were just lying there on the beach tanning while the children played in the sand. And when we got too hot, we´d run down to the clear Mediterranean Water and dip in it for a few minutes (The water is sUpEr cold eventhough the day´s warm). When I was swimming in there I wished I had a professional photographer to take a couple of pics of me haha...(what I lack in model stature and looks, the scenery would have made up for it). Oh, it was beautiful! The water was so clear and shimmered in shades of blue like a glamor...
We had lunch in their grandma´s house (do you know that the Europeans´ houses are built in such a way that it traps all the cold air inside, and even on hot sunny days it feels as if it´s air-conditioned?) I noticed that the grandmother always soaks the food she cooks in oil...both times i´ve eaten there the food were practically SWIMMING in oil. This time it was grilled chicken with potatoes. The last time it was some sort of rice with meat and chicken SWIMMING in oil (No wonder Europeans only eat one square meal a day; not counting breakfast and dinner which only consists of whatever u wanna munch on - their food´s really heavy ).
On the drive back to Pontevedra, We had a lovely view of the ocean with the sun glittering off its surface as if it was a sapphire crystal glass. In fact, the day was so beautiful, the kids jumped into the pool again as soon as we were back in the house. Of course, I had to take care of them, so I had to put on my bathing suit again. THen I had an English lesson for Carmen (While in the bathing suit right outta the pool-I was freezing), took a hot shower and am now blogging. And this is how Europeans spend their vacations. Now how´s THAT for a way of life? Do u agree with me that a strike by EUROPEANS is simply laughably RIDICULOUS???
(Of course, without the strike I wouldn´t have been able to spend the day at the beach, but that´s besides the point here. Let´s just isolate the two events and analyze them that way.)
Oh ya, I´m ecstatic coz QUEENSBAY IS OPENING AN ICE-SKATING RINK SOON!!!!!!!! Thanks for the info, Ru. It´s wonderful!!!!! Hopefully it´ll be opened when I get back from Europe and before I go off to the states.
9 comments:
teachers there get to go on strikes????
Why don't teachers here ever do that?
At least WE could have a day or two off,right?
Sigh....Europeans seem like one lazy lot,eh? (ok maybe just Spaniards at this moment)
But hey, i'm sure the students there ain't complaining much...If the strike continuous they get off days, if the teachers request gets any attention they have shorter hours at school..Either way i see the students benefiting out of this..Lucky brats!
I would have loved to go to school there!!!!
N no problemas, chica! the minute i saw the poster i had ur image in my head jumping up and down with ur skates on..
Quite a sight i must say!
Anything to make your day a better one =D
Glad to be of service!
i wish teachers go on strike here too..hehe..or probably lecturers..LoL..pros n cons ler...but then still don mind that once in a while...haha..yeah i heard tht Europeans r really lazy too....esp French ppl...hehhehe...true ar?
So far the oni thing I know about the French is that they´re psycho (most of them, anyways). I know the Spanish take their life WAY easy tho. Damn lazy. Working so little hours d still wanna complain. They´ll waste away to nothing in 1 day in Msia, man. And even Msia is more advanced than them (Technologically and linguistically speaking). Tho even the lowest-paid laborer here have a pretty good std of living and nobody goes hungry here. Poverty is like, non-existent. Meaning they never knew a hard day´s work. Which is why they have time to strike. In Msia u´re so busy u dun even have time to learn what a strike is.
Oh yeah, French ppl are psycho..!!
hahahaaha
Haha......thats cool...like the rest why cant malaysian teachers go on strike too? That be smth to talk bout.i havent gotten any reply from IMU yet...I wonder if I got into it....sigh...but the interview was alright....and yet.....oh man.....
I´m 99.99% sure that u got in, girl! I mean, who wouldn´t want u in tehir university?? U WILL GET IN!!! Think positive. Edmond´s ´Miracles Happen´ theory is always right and universal. I dun think it´s that much of a miracle for u go get in, anyways. Just a little luck! Please give me every detail of ur interview pls. Or else I´ll kick ur butt :P
ICE-SKATING RINK!!! It kills to go Sunway's skating rink. Literally robs you. I'm so there whenever I'm back! Always wanted to learn. Strikes for shorter hours? What have they got to complain for? I'm slogging over here and I'm not even paid. Worst yet, I pay. Remind me why I'm in IMU again? But nothing nourishes your soul more than a strike where you fight for your rights for better living. We should do that in IMU. Fight for "Get A Life!"
If you're up for pharmacy, I'll make that 100%. They can accomodate more than the demand. Med is more difficult though. But those who think taking up pharmacy is easier than Med you're in for a huge surprise. Med students slog and have fun. Pharm student slog and have bun. They have to work so much harder than us. Poor folks.
Haha...it´s true, what the hell are they complaining about, eh? Nice rhyme with the fun and bun btw haha...matches my entry title. Really? Sunway slaughters ppl with its price? How utterly, incorrigibly understandable. It´s KL, aft. When you´re back, Mian (and if im arnd)we´ll take classes together!! :D WE Msians need a life beyond academics. Those lazy-ass Europeans? They gotta stop livin´ it and start doin´ it, darlin´. Hahahaha...what a terrible attempt at a Southern accent. While at this topic ppl, can u guys check out Emory University (Since Emory´s SOUTH,hence, same topic) and U of Michigan for me? I´m trying to decide between the two by next week.
Post a Comment